Code of Ethics
The educational leader:
1. Protects, defends and upholds the best interest of children.
2. Maintains honesty and integrity in all professional endeavors.
3. Implements and obeys local, state and national laws.
4. Works to implement the district mission, vision and board policies.
5. Advises the school board and commits to correcting laws, policies and regulations not appropriate to sound education goals.
6. Commits to continued education for self and others through relevant research and timely professional development.
7. Honors all commitments and takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
8. Avoids using leadership position for personal gain.
9. Ensures that every student is given the opportunity to set and achieve academic and personal goals.
10. Puts students and learning first.